This Course Covers it All
This course covers all aspects of the roles, responsibilities, and functions of a Designated Employer Representative (DER). After completing the course you will have a full understanding of the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) rules and regulations regarding drug and alcohol testing as well as be able to effectively act as the DER for your employer or company.
DATAC’s self-led online DER certification program covers all requirements of a federally-regulated U.S. DOT drug testing program.
U.S. DOT Testing in Canada
This practical overview of the DOT’s workplace drug testing regulations prepares the trainee to act as the Designated Employer Representative (DER) and places an emphasis on proper procedures and regulations which observe Canadian laws first and foremost while still following all the rules and regulations of the U.S. DOT.
This course includes:
- Overview of the U.S. DOT drug testing program.
- Review of regulations, rules, and laws as they apply to drug and alcohol testing.
- Overview of the roles of the Consortium, TPA, employer, Medical Review Officer (MRO), and Substance Abuse Professional (SAP).
- High-level overview of collection procedures, chain of custody requirements, safety protocols.
- Record keeping, employer responsibilities, employee rights.
Mobile ready to fit into your busy schedule
All DATAC courses are offered in a convenient module-based learning format, making it easy to learn at your own pace. Plus, our mobile-friendly course platform empowers you to learn on the go using your smartphone or tablet.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a DATAC Designated Employer Representative (DER) certificate.
All course materials
DATAC DER Certificate