DATAC’s self-led online certification program covers all aspects required of a federally-regulated United States Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing program.
US Testing in Canada
This practical overview of the DOT’s workplace drug testing regulations prepares collectors to perform US DOT-compliant collections while respecting Canadian human rights and privacy legislation. The course places an emphasis on ensuring that the testing that is being done in Canada adheres to Canadian law first and foremost while still observing all of the regulations of the US DOT.
This course includes:
- Thorough overview of the US DOT drug testing program, focusing on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Understanding regulations, rules, and responsibilities
- Overview of the roles of the C/TPA, employer, medical review officer (MRO), and substance abuse professional (SAP)
- Collecting, processing, and checking the validity of urine specimens for laboratory-based testing
- Understanding collection procedures, chain of custody requirements, and donor rights
- Record keeping, collector responsibilities, and safety protocols.
Mobile ready to fit into your busy schedule
All DATAC courses are offered in a convenient module-based learning format, making it easy to learn at your own pace. Plus, our mobile-friendly course platform empowers you to learn on the go using your smartphone or tablet.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a DATAC Certified DOT Specimen Collector (CDSC) certificate and an official DATAC collector ID card.
Online Mock Test
Convenient mock testing with Skype
All course materials
DATAC CDSC Certificate
DATAC Collector ID