Building on the knowledge gained from our free Basic Cannabis Course this course takes a deep dive into how cannabis use fits into the Canadian workplace.
Written for employers and drug test service providers, this course will provide you with an in-depth understanding of cannabis use, testing and legalities post-legalization. After completing this course, you’ll be able to knowledgeably address most of the issues that face Canadian employers and use this information to improve your workplace policies, improve safety and educate your employees.
This course includes:
- Advanced overview of cannabis including the effects of THC and other cannabinoids, like CBD
- How the drug is metabolized and how it affects the user
- Information on all of the testing options available; urine, oral fluid, blood & hair
- Differences between on-site, point-of-care testing (POCT) and laboratory-based testing
- Insight into the employer’s obligations under Canadian law as it applies to drug testing
- Explanations of what reasons to test would be considered a “bona-fide occupational requirement”
- Understanding of how an “undue burden” to the employer can change the way policies are implemented and used
- Examples of workplace policy strategies that can be used to improve workplace safety
- Information to help define safety-sensitive job functions and when drug testing is appropriate